Amigurumi is...

...the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals, typically cute animals or inanimate objects endowed with human characteristics. The pervading aesthetic of amigurumi is cuteness (kawaii). Typical amigurumi animals have an over-sized spherical head on a cylindrical body with undersized extremities.

- RAWR

Friday, January 29, 2010

a wonderful evening and The WonderCraft

I went to an Austin Babes in Business meeting last night (my first meeting). I was nervous about going because I'm shy talking to new people and this was obviously a group that knew each other well. Everyone was really nice and I got a lot of positive feedback about my monsteramis. We were told to bring samples of our stuff (most of the members make handcrafted goods, lots of Etsians, etc.) but I think I was the only one who brought a HUGE bagful. haha  I think it looked like I was guarding my bag all night, but in actuality I'm just not a mingler. I find a place I like and I stay put. 

We had a roundtable meet and greet and exchanged business cards and talked about our crafts. We ate and drank (I drank more than I ate, as usual) and had a gift exchange (I took home a really cool handmade glass business card holder from Third Coast Art Glass!).   

Afterward, Beth H. and Beth A., two of the girls who own The WonderCraft [www.thewondercraft.com] asked if they could sell my monsteramis in their shop on consignment!  I was so excited!! I left them with 12 monsteramis. 

I was drunk and forgot I had a camera with me so all I have is a pic of the receipt I got and a flier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment