Amigurumi is...

...the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals, typically cute animals or inanimate objects endowed with human characteristics. The pervading aesthetic of amigurumi is cuteness (kawaii). Typical amigurumi animals have an over-sized spherical head on a cylindrical body with undersized extremities.

- RAWR

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Whatsa happening, hot stuff?

A few exciting things have been happening in monsterami-land lately.

First, I had a meeting with a potential investor a few days ago. He's really interested in working together, but we have to overcome a few obstacles...mainly how to mass produce them by machine (if a machine exists that can crochet stuff like this). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can work something out.

Second, I was just asked to be a vendor at Garbo Salon's 25th Anniversary party on March 11, benefiting Safe Place. My friend Lauren Collins is an esthetician at the salon and she showed the girls in the salon my monsterami pics on facebook and she said they all loved them.  Thanks, Garbo girls!
www.garboasalon.com

Third, I'm considering applying to be a vendor at the Renegade Craft Fair in May. It's a well known craft fair in cities like Chicago, Brooklyn and San Francisco, and this will be the first year it's held in Austin! I have a couple of weeks to decide...  (I am maid of honor in my friend Terra's wedding in May so I don't want this craft fair to interfere with my MOH duties.)
http://www.renegadecraft.com/

Lastly, here is a pic of my latest monsterami. I am only posting this pic because I think the socks are cute. (This was a custom monsterami and the buyer paid double to have a Texas A&M monsterami made.)


No comments:

Post a Comment