Amigurumi is...

...the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals, typically cute animals or inanimate objects endowed with human characteristics. The pervading aesthetic of amigurumi is cuteness (kawaii). Typical amigurumi animals have an over-sized spherical head on a cylindrical body with undersized extremities.

- RAWR

Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's business time...

So... yesterday was my last day at my "real job". I was laid off after 9 years of working for the same company. They are shutting down the whole office so everyone was in the same boat. I'm looking forward to taking some time off to focus on monsterami and my friend Terra's bachelorette party and wedding.

Today I started working on some financial stuff, I organized my workspace, looked into some web design stuff, came up with a new banner, and went shopping for various and sundry things for my next event on March 11th.

My friend Christian is a fabulous photographer (http://www.xianstudios.com/) and he took some photographs of my monsteramis last week. He's also designing new business cards for me. I'm so excited!

Here are a couple of the pics he took:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment